Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Chair, Departmental Marketing Committee
20 Symonds Street
Jason lived in several towns and cities of New Zealand, before completing his schooling in the Bay of Plenty where his family own a small kiwifruit orchard.
Jason did his BE and ME at The University of Auckland, followed by a PhD at the University of California at San Diego. Supervised by Professor Nigel Priestley and Professor Freider Seible he investigated the seismic response of elevated concrete freeway frames and funded by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans).
Jason joined The University of Auckland as a staff member in 1995 and undertook an MBA in 2004. In that same year Jason was awarded a $3.75m research grant funded by the NZ Foundation for Research Science and Technology, investigating and developing guidelines for seismic assessment and retrofit of earthquake prone buildings. The project was a collaboration with The University of Canterbury and collectively involved 27 PhD studies.
Recently Jason has extended his research interests to include the use of recycled or waste materials in concrete, and the condition assessment of concrete bridges.
- Seismic design of both reinforced and pre-stressed concrete masonry buildings and seismic assessment and retrofit of unreinforced clay brick masonry buildings.
- Behaviour and condition assessment of concrete bridges.
- Performance verification of precast concrete assemblages.
- Sustainable concrete technology.
- University of Auckland Centre for Earthquake Engineering Research (UACEER)
- ENGGEN 121 Engineering Mechanics (statics)
- ENGGEN 150 Engineering Mechanics (statics)
- CIVIL 313 Structural Design (concrete structures)
2008 Wight, G. D., Ingham, J. M. ‘Tendon stress in unbonded posttensioned masonry walls at nominal in-plane strength’, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, ISSN 0733-9445, 134, 6, June, 938-946. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2008)134:6(938)
Voon, K. C., Ingham, J. M. ‘Experimental In-plane shear strength investigation of reinforced concrete masonry walls with openings’, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, ISSN 0733-9445, 134, 5, May, 758-768. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2008)134:5(758)
2006 Voon, K. C., Ingham, J. M. ‘Experimental in-plane shear strength investigation of reinforced concrete masonry walls’ ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, ISSN 0733-9445 132, 3, 400-408. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2006)132:3(400)
2004 Laursen, P. T., Ingham, J. M. ‘Structural Testing of Large-Scale Post-Tensioned Concrete Masonry Walls’ ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, ISSN 0733-9445, 130, 10, 1497-1505. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2004)130:10(1497)
- Deputy Head of Department (research)
- Faculty Staffing Committee (Engineering, Business, Health Science and Medicine)
- Faculty Research Committee (Engineering, Business)
- New Zealand Concrete Society
- New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Engineering Society of new Zealand
- Institute of Professional Engineers, New Zealand
- American Society of Civil Engineers
INSTITUTES AND CENTRES